[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
I, too, am looking forward to this, but I am wondering what that will
do to Kelvin Tan's recent contribution, especially since I saw that
both MapReduce and Kelvin's code change how FetchListEntry works.  If
merging mapred to trunk means losing Kelvin's changes, then I suggest
one of Nutch developers evaluates Kelvin's modifications and, if they
are good, commits them to trunk, and then makes the final pre-mapred
release (e.g. release-0.8).

It won't lose Kelvin's patch: it will still be a patch to 0.7.

What I worry about is the alternate scenario: that Kelvin & others invest a lot of effort making this work with 0.7, while the mapred-based code diverges even further. It would be best if Kelvin's patch is ported to the mapred branch sooner rather than later, then maintained there.

Doug