Stefan Groschupf wrote:
the  umbilical.done is called two times in case a task is finished.
The map and the reduce task implementation call done when in the last line of the run methods. (Maptask: 132, ReduceTask: 273) But the tasktracker calls the the umbilical.done a second time in line 585.

You're right.

Is this a bug? I guess the jobtracker just ignores second time fininshed tasks.
Should I open a bug report?

I don't think it causes any harm, but we might fix it anyway. I think we should remove the call on TaskTracker.java:585. Note that under LocalJobRunner.java done() is only called once, so I think the "extra" call is the one in TaskTracker.java.

Doug