Chris Mattmann wrote:
Hi,

 I'm not an XML expert by any means, but wouldn't it be simpler to just wrap
any text where illegal chars are possible with a <!CDATA[.... ]!> tag? That
way, the offending characters won't be dropped and the process won't be
lossy, no?

  If the CDATA method won't work, and there's no other way to solve the
problem without losing text, then your patch has my +1.

We should not drop the offending characters, but escape them. Either the Unicode entity (&#nn;) or CDATA way is ok (and CDATA way is simpler).

So, this is -1 for the patch.

--
Best regards,
Andrzej Bialecki     <><