Hi Jerome,
I'm not sure but could it happen that with your new html protocol plugin the ParserFactory fails, since a component require log4j? May we should than add log4j into the core classpath, since I had added log4j to the NUTCH_HOME/lib and than the test was running successfully.

Stefan

org/apache/log4j/Layout
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/log4j/Layout
at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredConstructors(Class.java: 1618)
at org.apache.nutch.plugin.Extension.getExtensionInstance (Extension.java:151) at org.apache.nutch.parse.ParserFactory.getParsers (ParserFactory.java:164) at org.apache.nutch.parse.TestParserFactory.testGetParsers (TestParserFactory.java:108)