Hi,
I would love to build a nutch Query object via API and not using the Queryparser. In my case I need the complete set of boolean operators in the query, so required (AND) and non required (OR) terms and prohibited (NOT). I notice that in general this would be possible to add a clause in the Query object, since the BasicQuery filter just copies the parameter isRequired and isProhibited. However the Clauses arraylist is private and there is not method in the nutch query object that allows to add custom terms or clauses with isRequired and isProhibited.

Did I miss something in general to be able to support non required terms in nutch? Would people agree to add a little method that allows to adding terms with these parameters?

Thanks for any comments.
Stefan