As part of the required functionality of the 0.8 release discussion on some other thread my opinion is to postbone any new ui functionality
(for example NUTCH-48) until the new architecture is in place

I would not veto someone testing & committing NUTCH-48. We should avoid investing too much effort into this if it will soon be obsolete. But if a small effort will give folks "did you mean" support in the interim, that's not a bad thing. Of course, folks can always apply this patch themselves...

Agreed, perhaps I meant to say that I will not apply it ;)

--
Sami Siren