Doug Cutting wrote:
Sami Siren wrote:
I am not able to do it either, or then I just don't know how, can Doug help us here?

This requires a change the the project's workflow. I'd be happy to move Nutch to use the workflow we use for Hadoop, which supports "Patch Available".

This workflow has one other non-default feature, which is that bugs, once closed, cannot be re-opened. This works as follows: Only project administrators are allowed to close issues. Bugs are resolved as they're fixed, and only closed when a release is made. This keeps the release notes Jira generates from changing after a release is made.

Would you like me to switch Nutch to use this Jira workflow?

+1, this would finally make sense with the "resolved" vs. "closed" ...

--
Best regards,
Andrzej Bialecki     <><