Chris Mattmann wrote:
4. Issue could have been iterated in jira a bit further so all these
could have been catched before a commit.

This is true: however, I thought that the point of bringing in new people
was to move forward on some of these critical issues that keep moving their
way down the priority stack? The issues that you raise above (e.g.,
whitespace v. tabs, and "unnecessary comments"), although relevant points,
really had nothing to do with the fix itself. I wanted to get the fix into
the sources before everyone went away for thanksgiving (at least here in the
U.S.), so that users could pull it down sooner rather than later. Is this
not the correct policy? I'm a n00b, so I dunno ;)

My practice is to leave the fix to mature a day or two (or three if it's a holidays season), even if it seems innocuous. The reason is that quite often people come back with valuable and totally unexpected insights (peer review) _when_ and if they had a chance to see the fix - and considering different time zones, occupations and workloads this may take a day or two even with best intentions... If a fix is complicated I explicitly ask for feedback.

--
Best regards,
Andrzej Bialecki     <><