Otis,
Some time ago people on the list said that they are willing to at
least maintain Nutch 0.7 branch. As a committer (not very active
recently) I volunteered to commit patches when they appear - I do not
have enough time at the moment to do active coding. I have created a
7.3 release in JIRA so we can start looking at it. So - we are ready
and willing to move Nutch 0.7 forward but it looks like there is no
interest at the moment.
Regards
Piotr