2007/3/27, Chris Mattmann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

Hi Sami,

> About signatures: I can't find your public gpg key anywhere (to verify
> the signature), not in KEYS file nor in keyservers I checked. Am i just
> blind?

Yeah, in my release log, I actually noted this. I was having a hard time
figuring out how to generate my public gpg key. Do you know what command
run? I know where the KEYS file is in the dist directory, so I'm guessing
just:

1. Generate my public gpg key (I already have my private one I guess)
2. Add that public gpg key to the KEYS file in the Nutch dist directory on
pepole.apache.org

Am I right about this? If so, could you tell me the command to run to
generate my public gpg key?

You could try to follow the instructions from KEYS.txt from solr project:

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/solr/trunk/KEYS.txt

> The md5 format used differs from rest of lucene sub projects.

According to the Apache sign and release guide (
http://www.apache.org/dev/mirror-step-by-step.html?Step-By-Step), I ran
the
following command:

openssl md5 < nutch-0.9.tar.gz > nutch-0.9.tar.gz.md5

yes i know, earlier nutch releases had yet another format.

To create
> it in similar format as the rest of lucene one could use
>
>   md5sum <file> > <file>.md5
>
> We should probably adopt to same convention or wdot?

It's fine by me, but, just for my reference, what's the difference between
using the openssl md5 versus md5sum? If you want me to regenerate it, just
let me know...

Well the sum itself is obviously the same :) The point in this is to use
same
conventions in Lucene family, not strictly required, but still IMO it just
looks better.

--
Sami Siren