Dennis,

 My practice has been to do the following:

 1. Resolve the issue, and describe (at a high level), the changes made to
the code, e.g.,

  *Introduced new classes A, B, C
  *Refactored method Y out of class D and into new class E
  *made internal method F of class G use member variable as an increment
check for blah blah

 2. Close the issue and list the revision number that the patch you applied
first exists in.

 That's my practice: not sure if it's right, but it's what I gleaned from
watching the other committers for a few years.

Cheers,
  Chris

On 10/18/07 9:58 AM, "Dennis Kubes" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Quick question about Jira.  When we commit, are we supposed to first
> resolve and then close the issue.  What is the process on this.
>
> Dennis Kubes

Chris Mattmann, Ph.D.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cognizant Development Engineer
Early Detection Research Network Project

Office: 171-266B                     Mailstop:  171-246
Phone:  818-354-8810