I can say something from a contributor point of view. I've contributed two
rather trivial patches and ... I'm discouraged. Simply the process was far too
long. Actually I had to ask that someone takes a look for it. Once someone
invest his time to create patch, write a Jira entry, etc., you rather expect it
to be reviewed and possibly committed. If there is at least one person who
needs it that much that is willing to develop it, it may mean there might be
others who would need it as well.

Just to add. I've done some several contributions to some other projects, but
this is first time I have a feeling like this.

As looking for perfection, it must be balanced in my opinion. If there is
something trivial which is not done perfect, which does not break architecture
... well, it might be acceptable. But if something would make a spaghetti code,
I wouldn't be so much for it. So my rule of thumb would be - once it breaks
well design, introduces too big complexity, it shouldn't be accepted. If it
doesn't influence those, but does what it should, maybe in a bit clumsy way -
why not. It still solves someone's problem or need.

Regards,
Marcin

Dnia 16 listopada 2007 18:45 Dennis Kubes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> napisaƂ(a):