Hi Pradeep,

I was able to run the nutch 0.9 stable version but its crawling only very
few urls. So i tried with the latest build from the nightly build. I am
getting this login failed exception. I still not able to resolve it...

Vimal Varghese

Pradeep Pujari <pradeep.puj...@macys.com>
20-01-09 11:42 PM

Vimal Varghese <vimal.vargh...@tcs.com>
cc

Subject
Re: login failed exception

Hi Vimal,

I am getting the exactly same error? How did you resolve this? I imported
the code to eclipse and build and following the wiki instructions.

Thanks/Regards
Pradeep Pujari
415-422-1678

             Vimal Varghese
             <vimal.vargh...@t
             cs.com>                                                    To

                                       nutch-dev@lucene.apache.org
             01/19/2009 02:03                                           cc

             AM
                                                                   Subject

                                       login failed exception
             Please respond to
             nutch-...@lucene.
                apache.org

Hi,

I have configured the latest nutch from the nightly build in eclipse.

I am getting this following error.

Exception in thread "main" java.io.IOException: Failed to get the current
user's information.
        at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobClient.getUGI(JobClient.java:717)
        at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobClient.configureCommandLineOptions(
JobClient.java:592)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobClient.submitJob(JobClient.java:774)

        at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobClient.runJob(JobClient.java:1127)
        at org.apache.nutch.crawl.Injector.inject(Injector.java:160)
        at org.apache.nutch.crawl.Crawl.main(Crawl.java:112)
Caused by: javax.security.auth.login.LoginException: Login failed: Cannot
run program "whoami": CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the
file specified
        at org.apache.hadoop.security.UnixUserGroupInformation.login(
UnixUserGroupInformation.java:250)
        at org.apache.hadoop.security.UnixUserGroupInformation.login(
UnixUserGroupInformation.java:275)
        at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobClient.getUGI(JobClient.java:715)
        ... 5 more

Is there any way to overcome this.

Vimal Varghese
Tata Consultancy Services
TEJOMAYA, L & T TECH PARK LIMITED
INFOPARK, KUSUMAGIRI POST, KAKKANAD,
Kochi - 682030,.
India
Ph:- +91 484 6618791
Cell:- 9446557234
Mailto: vimal.vargh...@tcs.com
Website: http://www.tcs.com
Experience certainty.        IT Services
                       Business Solutions
                       Outsourcing
and any attachments. Thank you

ForwardSourceID:NT00014236