You are running LinkRank and a comparatively small webgraph. LinkRank is meant, in principle, to be run on very large webgraphs, millions or perhaps 100s of millions of urls. On that scale 10 iterations was what we saw as a good default for the webgraph to converge while not taking an excessive amount of time. For smaller webgraphs 10 iterations might not be necessary.

You can use the link.analyze.num.iterations configuration variable to set the number of iterations you would like to run. As a general rule I don't think I would ever go below 5 iterations as all but the very smallest webgraphs wouldn't have enough chance to converge.

Here is a good paper on PageRank and convergence.  Principles are the same:

http://www.webworkshop.net/pagerank.html

Dennis

Bartosz Gadzimski wrote:
Hello,

Why you are making so many iterations in linkrank are this is neccessary for some amount of websites?

Thanks,
Bartosz