Not sure if it will help, but I think memcached uses
epoll

http://www.xmailserver.org/linux-patches/epoll.txt

and handles potentially thousands of concurrent
connections.

Earl

--- Doug Cutting <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Stefan Groschupf wrote:
> > do you know apache mina?
> > http://directory.apache.org/subprojects/network/
> > this is a nice introducing.
> >
>
http://directory.apache.org/subprojects/network/mina.pdf
> 
> I've looked at it, but I don't think it solves the
> problem.  We need 
> stream-based handling with thousands of connections.
>  Mina's stream io 
> handler requires a separate thread per connection:
> 
>
http://directory.apache.org/subprojects/network/apidocs/org/apache/mina/handler/StreamIoHandler.html
> 
> So mina doesn't appear to solve this problem.
> 
> > I know you are trying to stay as much as possible
> independent from  
> > third party libraries, but may
> > but mina looks very interesting from my point of
> view.
> 
> I'm not afraid of 3rd party libraries.  Mina did not
> exist when I wrote 
> Nutch's IPC code.  If someone would like to re-write
> this using Mina, 
> and it uses less code and runs as fast, then I'd be
> happy to use it.
> 
> Doug
> 



        
                
__________________________________ 
Yahoo! Mail - PC Magazine Editors' Choice 2005 
http://mail.yahoo.com


-------------------------------------------------------
SF.Net email is sponsored by:
Tame your development challenges with Apache's Geronimo App Server. Download
it for free - -and be entered to win a 42" plasma tv or your very own
Sony(tm)PSP.  Click here to play: http://sourceforge.net/geronimo.php
_______________________________________________
Nutch-developers mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/nutch-developers

Reply via email to