I just committed a fix for this.  Thanks for diagnosing it!

I changed things so that hit limiting is entirely disabled when searcher.max.hits is not positive.

Doug

Marko Bauhardt wrote:
Hi,
I got the same Exception. The cause of this exception is the default value of searcher.max.hits property in the nutch-default.xml. The default value is Integer.MAX_VALUE. But the class org.apache.lucene.util.PriorityQueue increment this max.value. The next number after Integer.MAX_VALUE is -2147483648. You must decrease the searcher.max.hits to fix this. But notice: The PriorityQueue use an Array of this size. If large a value is defined an OutOfMemoryException occurs.
Any Ideas suggestion how to fix this?

Marko




Am 04.01.2006 um 02:00 schrieb Gal Nitzan:

When trying to use the search server I get.

I use the trunk from today...

060104 025549 13 Server handler 0 on 9004 call error:
java.io.IOException: java.lang.NegativeArraySizeException
java.io.IOException: java.lang.NegativeArraySizeException
        at
org.apache.lucene.util.PriorityQueue.initialize(PriorityQueue.java:35)
        at org.apache.lucene.search.HitQueue.<init>(HitQueue.java:23)
        at
org.apache.lucene.search.TopDocCollector.<init> (TopDocCollector.java:47)
        at org.apache.nutch.searcher.LuceneQueryOptimizer
$LimitedCollector.<init>(LuceneQueryOptimizer.java:52)
        at
org.apache.nutch.searcher.LuceneQueryOptimizer.optimize (LuceneQueryOptimizer.java:153)
        at
org.apache.nutch.searcher.IndexSearcher.search(IndexSearcher.java:93)
        at
org.apache.nutch.searcher.NutchBean.search(NutchBean.java:155)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
        at
sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke (NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
        at
sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke (DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)
        at org.apache.nutch.ipc.RPC$1.call(RPC.java:186)
        at org.apache.nutch.ipc.Server$Handler.run(Server.java:200)







-------------------------------------------------------
This SF.net email is sponsored by: Splunk Inc. Do you grep through log files
for problems?  Stop!  Download the new AJAX search engine that makes
searching your log files as easy as surfing the  web.  DOWNLOAD SPLUNK!
http://ads.osdn.com/?ad_id=7637&alloc_id=16865&op=click
_______________________________________________
Nutch-developers mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/nutch-developers

Reply via email to