Hi,

>   the contentTitle will be a concatenation of the titles of the RSS Channels
> that we've parsed.
>   So the titles of the RSS Channels are what delivered for indexing, right?

They're certainly part of it, but not the only part. The concatenation of
the titles of the RSS Channels are what is delivered for the "title" portion
of indexing.

>   If I want the indexer to include more information about a rss file (such
> as item descriptions), can I just concatenate them to the contentTitle?

They're already there. There is a variable called index text: ultimately
that variable includes the item descriptions, along with the channel
descriptions. That, along with the "title" portion of indexing is the full
set of textual data delivered by the parser for indexing. So, it already
includes that information. Check out lines 137, and 161 in the parser to see
what I mean. Also, check out lines 204-207, which are:

        ParseData parseData = new ParseData(ParseStatus.STATUS_SUCCESS,

contentTitle.toString(), outlinks, content.getMetadata());

parseData.setConf(this.conf);

return new ParseImpl(indexText.toString(), parseData);

You can see that the return from the Parser, i.e., the ParseImpl, includes
both the indexText, along with the parse data (that contains the title
text).

Now, if you wanted to add any other metadata gleaned from the RSS to the
title text, or the content text, you can always modify the code to do that
in your own environment. The RSS Parser plugin returns a full channel model
and item model that can be extended and used for those purposes.

Hope that helps!

Cheers,
  Chris