Thanks Andrez

One more thing which i wanted to know was fetching the last modified date is
done as a part of content parsing function.

Cant we split the whole thing into two funtions
1)The first function will getmodified date
2) The second function will get content

Initiall the first function will be called to get the modified date and
compared against  crawldb modified date and only if it is different will the
second function (which actually fetches the content) will be called

Will this be the motive of adpative interval patch?

Rgds
Prabhu