Thanks MAtthias,
  I will defnitely ask as I progress forward.

Matthias Jaekle <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  Hi,

> I noticed there is a GeoPosition plugin.. Has any one used this plugin in US..
Never heared about somebody. It is uses in Germany and maybe Brazil.

> Further more, has any built a two dimensional search?
The first versions we build from the GeoPosition plugin used a 2D
system. We switched this to 3D to make it useable for the whole world.

> For instance, some one searching "Hotels"
> should get all the hotels globally.
> But some one searching hotels in San Jose, CA
> Should get those hotels located in the city of San Jose only
> Then some one searching hotels in San Jose 95129
> should get only hotels located in that area,,, and 5-10 mile radius by
> default.
If you would be able to search by city name you have to extend the query
class.

> If I have to also build the other search dimenstions, is there a rule of book
> to follow, has any one done it before?
I think I saw a short chapter about 2D-searches in "Lucene in Action".
It should be very similar as the stuff added to the GeoPosition plugin
with the differance that the Plugin is brougt to the third dimension.
I also would prefer if the earth would be a plate :)

If you need any help with the GeoPosition plugin, please feel free to ask.

Matthias

  Sudhi Seshachala
  http://sudhilogs.blogspot.com/