Olive g wrote:
Thank you! Zaheed sent out a workaround in another thread as follows. Do you think this would
work (on Nutch 0.8 w/ DFS).

Yes, it should work. This is a cheap way to merge two DBs - thanks Zaheed! Just remember to rename the part-xxxxx dirs so that they are sequential.

Also, when do you expect to port the feature to 0.8 (I know it's not the highest priority for you :)) - but really, merging index is critical for incremental crawls. Is it possible that it can be
implemented sooner? Please ... Our project depends on this ...

These features (incremental updates, merging indexes) are already supported if you use individual command-line tools and a single DB. So, I'm not planning to do anything about it.

--
Best regards,
Andrzej Bialecki     <><