Truly I am just not understanding the concept of a segment.

Dennis Kubes wrote:
That got me started. I think that I am not fully understanding the role the segments directory and its contents play. It looks like it holds parse text and parse data in map files, but what is the content folder (also a map file)? And is the segments contents used once the index is created?

Dennis Kubes

Doug Cutting wrote:
NutchBean.getContent() and NutchBean.getParseData() do this, but require a HitDetails instance. In the non-distributed case, the only required field of the HitDetails for these calls is "url". In the distributed case, the "segment" field must also be provided, so that the request can be routed to a node serving that segment. These are implemented by FetchedSegments.java and DistributedSearch.java.

Doug

Dennis Kubes wrote:
Can somebody direct me on how to get the stored text and parse metadata for a given url?

Dennis