On 9/20/06, Tomi NA <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 9/20/06, Benjamin Higgins <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> In Nutch 0.7, I wanted to change Nutch's behavior such that when I inject a
> file it will add the page, even if it is already present.
>
> I did this because I can prepare a list of changed files that I have on my
> intranet and want Nutch to reindex them right away.
>
> I made a change (suggested by Howie Wang) to
> org.apache.nutch.db.WebDBInjector by changing the addPage method.  I
> replaced the line:
>
>   dbWriter.addPageIfNotPresent(page);
>
> with:
>
>   dbWriter.addPageWithScore(page);
>
> Question: I'm moving to Nutch 0.8 and I'd like similar behavior, but I don't
> know where to put them as a lot of code has changed (and there's no longer a
> WebDBInjector.java file).
>
> How can I accomplish this?  If there is a more appropriate way to do this
> please let me know that also.

I'm interested in this problem as well. Haven't had a chance yet to
look into it, thought.

I think the crawl.Injector.InjectorReducer class is the one we're looking for.
Would this do the trick?

     //output.collect(key, (Writable)values.next()); // just collect
first value
        while (values.hasNext()) {
                output.collect(key, (Writable) values.next());
        }

I can't verify as an IOException's giving me trouble (possibly because
I checkedout 0.9-dev), someone else might have more luck with the
0.8(.1?) sources.

t.n.a.