2006/10/14, Toufeeq Hussain <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

From internal tests with ntlmaps + Nutch the conclusion we came to was
that though it "kinda-works" it puts a huge load on the Nutch server
as ntlmaps is a major memory-hog and the mixture of the two leads to
performance issues. For a PoC this will do but for
production-deployments I would not suggest one goes the ntlmaps way.

An alternate would be to have a separate ntlmaps-server ,a dedicated
machine acting as the NTLM proxy for the Nutch-box which sits behind
it.

I haven't noticed the added resource drain, but then again, I haven't
really tested all that much: the constraints on the partical project I
implemented the approach weren't very strict.
I'll keep my eye on the cpu usage.

The right way would be to use the in-built authentication features of
Nutch for Auth based crawling.

Nutch supports ntlm authentication? I see I've got some reading to
catch up on...

t.n.a.