From: Alexander Aristov [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, 12 November 2008 10:37 PM
To: nutch-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: Does anybody know how to let nutch crawl this kind of website?

You have next plugin defined for parsing the text/xml mime type
<mimeType name="text/xml">
                <plugin id="parse-html" />
                <plugin id="parse-rss" />
        <plugin id="feed" />

You can add anothe entry to the parse-plugins file to support the
application/xml type

<mimeType name="application/xml">
                <plugin id="parse-html" />
                <plugin id="parse-rss" />
<plugin id="feed" />

Actual implementations of the parse-html and parse-rss

"org.apache.nutch.parse.html.HtmlParser
org.apache.nutch.parse.rss.RSSParser

Alex

--
Best Regards
Alexander Aristov

<!-- Put site-specific property overrides in this file. -->

<configuration>

<!-- HTTP properties -->

<property>

  <name>http.agent.name</name>

  <value>Peter Wang</value>

  <description>Peter Pu Wang

  </description>

</property>

<property>

  <name>http.agent.description</name>

  <value>Nutch spiderman</value>

  <description> Nutch spiderman

  </description>

</property>

<property>

  <name>http.agent.url</name>

  <value>http://peterpuwang.googlepages.com </value>

  <description>http://peterpuwang.googlepages.com

  </description>

</property>

<property>

  <name>http.agent.email</name>

  <value>MyEmail</value>

  <description>[EMAIL PROTECTED]

  </description>

</property>

</configuration>

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!--
	contributor license agreements.  See the NOTICE file distributed with
	The ASF licenses this file to You under the Apache License, Version 2.0
	(the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with
	the License.  You may obtain a copy of the License at

	limitations under the License.

	Author     : mattmann
	plugin should get called for a particular mimeType.
-->

<parse-plugins>

	<mimeType name="application/msword">
		<plugin id="parse-msword" />
	</mimeType>

	<mimeType name="application/pdf">
		<plugin id="parse-pdf" />
	</mimeType>

	<mimeType name="application/postscript">
		<plugin id="parse-pdf" />
	</mimeType>

	<mimeType name="application/rss+xml">
	    <plugin id="parse-rss" />
	    <plugin id="feed" />
	</mimeType>

	<mimeType name="application/vnd.ms-excel">
		<plugin id="parse-msexcel" />
	</mimeType>

	<mimeType name="application/vnd.ms-powerpoint">
		<plugin id="parse-mspowerpoint" />
	</mimeType>

	<mimeType name="application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.text">
		<plugin id="parse-oo" />
	</mimeType>

	<mimeType name="application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.text-template">
		<plugin id="parse-oo" />
	</mimeType>

	<mimeType name="application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.text-master">
		<plugin id="parse-oo" />
	</mimeType>

	<mimeType name="application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.text-web">
		<plugin id="parse-oo" />
	</mimeType>

	<mimeType name="application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.presentation">
		<plugin id="parse-oo" />
	</mimeType>

	<mimeType name="application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.presentation-template">
		<plugin id="parse-oo" />
	</mimeType>

	<mimeType name="application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.spreadsheet">
		<plugin id="parse-oo" />
	</mimeType>

	<mimeType name="application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.spreadsheet-template">
		<plugin id="parse-oo" />
	</mimeType>

	<mimeType name="application/vnd.sun.xml.calc">
		<plugin id="parse-oo" />
	</mimeType>

	<mimeType name="application/vnd.sun.xml.calc.template">
		<plugin id="parse-oo" />
	</mimeType>

	<mimeType name="application/vnd.sun.xml.impress">
		<plugin id="parse-oo" />
	</mimeType>

	<mimeType name="application/vnd.sun.xml.impress.template">
		<plugin id="parse-oo" />
	</mimeType>

	<mimeType name="application/vnd.sun.xml.writer">
		<plugin id="parse-oo" />
	</mimeType>

	<mimeType name="application/vnd.sun.xml.writer.template">
		<plugin id="parse-oo" />
	</mimeType>

	<mimeType name="application/xhtml+xml">
		<plugin id="parse-html" />
	</mimeType>

	<mimeType name="application/x-bzip2">
		<!--  try and parse it with the zip parser -->
		<plugin id="parse-zip" />
	</mimeType>

	<mimeType name="application/x-csh">
		<plugin id="parse-text" />
	</mimeType>

	<mimeType name="application/x-gzip">
		<!--  try and parse it with the zip parser -->
		<plugin id="parse-zip" />
	</mimeType>

	<mimeType name="application/x-javascript">
		<plugin id="parse-js" />
	</mimeType>

	<mimeType name="application/x-kword">
		<!--  try and parse it with the word parser -->
		<plugin id="parse-msword" />
	</mimeType>

	<mimeType name="application/x-kspread">
		<!--  try and parse it with the msexcel parser -->
		<plugin id="parse-msexcel" />
	</mimeType>

	<mimeType name="application/x-shockwave-flash">
		<plugin id="parse-swf" />
	</mimeType>

	<mimeType name="application/zip">
		<plugin id="parse-zip" />
	</mimeType>

	<mimeType name="text/html">
		<plugin id="parse-html" />
	</mimeType>

	<mimeType name="text/plain">
		<plugin id="parse-text" />
	</mimeType>

	<mimeType name="text/richtext">
		<plugin id="parse-rtf" />
		<plugin id="parse-msword" />
	</mimeType>

	<mimeType name="text/rtf">
		<plugin id="parse-rtf" />
		<plugin id="parse-msword" />
	</mimeType>

	<mimeType name="text/sgml">
		<plugin id="parse-html" />
	</mimeType>

	<mimeType name="text/tab-separated-values">
		<plugin id="parse-msexcel" />
	</mimeType>

      <mimeType name="text/xml">
		<plugin id="parse-html" />
		<plugin id="parse-rss" />
        <plugin id="feed" />
	</mimeType>

      <mimeType name="application/xml">
		<plugin id="parse-html" />
		<plugin id="parse-rss" />
        <plugin id="feed" />
	</mimeType>

       <!-- Types for parse-ext plugin: required for unit tests to pass. -->

	<mimeType name="application/vnd.nutch.example.cat">
		<plugin id="parse-ext" />
	</mimeType>

	<mimeType name="application/vnd.nutch.example.md5sum">
		<plugin id="parse-ext" />
	</mimeType>

	<!--  alias mappings for parse-xxx names to the actual extension implementation
	ids described in each plugin's plugin.xml file -->
	<aliases>
		<alias name="parse-ext" extension-id="ExtParser" />
		<alias name="parse-html"
			extension-id="org.apache.nutch.parse.html.HtmlParser" />
		<alias name="parse-js" extension-id="JSParser" />
		<alias name="parse-mp3"
			extension-id="org.apache.nutch.parse.mp3.MP3Parser" />
		<alias name="parse-msexcel"
			extension-id="org.apache.nutch.parse.msexcel.MSExcelParser" />
		<alias name="parse-mspowerpoint"
			extension-id="org.apache.nutch.parse.mspowerpoint.MSPowerPointParser" />
		<alias name="parse-msword"
			extension-id="org.apache.nutch.parse.msword.MSWordParser" />
		<alias name="parse-oo"
			extension-id="org.apache.nutch.parse.oo.OpenDocument.Text" />
		<alias name="parse-pdf"
			extension-id="org.apache.nutch.parse.pdf.PdfParser" />
		<alias name="parse-rss"
			extension-id="org.apache.nutch.parse.rss.RSSParser" />
        <alias name="feed"
            extension-id="org.apache.nutch.parse.feed.FeedParser" />
		<alias name="parse-rtf"
			extension-id="org.apache.nutch.parse.rtf.RTFParseFactory" />
		<alias name="parse-swf"
			extension-id="org.apache.nutch.parse.swf.SWFParser" />
		<alias name="parse-text"
			extension-id="org.apache.nutch.parse.text.TextParser" />
		<alias name="parse-zip"
			extension-id="org.apache.nutch.parse.zip.ZipParser" />
	</aliases>

</parse-plugins>
# Licensed to the Apache Software Foundation (ASF) under one or more
# contributor license agreements.  See the NOTICE file distributed with
# this work for additional information regarding copyright ownership.
# The ASF licenses this file to You under the Apache License, Version 2.0
# (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with
# the License.  You may obtain a copy of the License at
#
#     http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0
#
# Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software
# distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS,
# WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied.
# See the License for the specific language governing permissions and
# limitations under the License.

# The url filter file used by the crawl command.

# Better for intranet crawling.
# Be sure to change MY.DOMAIN.NAME to your domain name.

# Each non-comment, non-blank line contains a regular expression
# prefixed by '+' or '-'.  The first matching pattern in the file
# determines whether a URL is included or ignored.  If no pattern
# matches, the URL is ignored.

# skip file:, ftp:, & mailto: urls
-^(file|ftp|mailto):

# skip image and other suffixes we can't yet parse
-\.(gif|GIF|jpg|JPG|png|PNG|ico|ICO|css|sit|eps|wmf|zip|ppt|mpg|xls|gz|rpm|tgz|mov|MOV|exe|jpeg|JPEG|bmp|BMP)$

# skip URLs containing certain characters as probable queries, etc.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

# skip URLs with slash-delimited segment that repeats 3+ times, to break loops

# accept hosts in MY.DOMAIN.NAME
+^http://([a-z0-9]*\.)*macosforge.org/
+^http://([a-z0-9]*\.)*collab.net/
+^https://([a-z0-9]*\.)*smartlabs.com.au/