From: Andrzej Bialecki <a...@getopt.org>
To: nutch-user@lucene.apache.org
Sent: Wed, 1 Apr 2009 3:19 am
Subject: Re: lukeall-0.9.1 to manually add indexes

Lyndon Maydwell wrote:?

> I've noticed that you need to optimize the index for nutch to pick up
> changes.?

> Have you tried this??

> On Wed, Apr 1, 2009 at 12:42 PM,  <alx...@aim.com> wrote:?

>>  Thanks for you response. In?

>> luke there is also option to commit. I opened new index again, and?

>> there is the document I created. But the search does not return?

>> anything for the added keywords. Will try Solr if it works.?
?

Hm, I don't know what you are trying to do ... First, the information
from alxsss is misleading - there is no commit() operation in Nutch.
Also, the index doesn't have to be optimized. The most likely reason why
the added document is not visible is that Nutch also needs a
corresponding record in the segments/... data. This is not possible to
create separately, you need to use Fetcher to create a new segment
(which you can subsequently merge with the first segment), and then
create a new index from this new segment.?
?

--
Best regards,?

Andrzej Bialecki     <><?

[__ || __|__/|__||\/|  Information Retrieval, Semantic Web?

___|||__||  \|  ||  |  Embedded Unix, System Integration?

http://www.sigram.com  Contact: info at sigram dot com?
?