lei wang wrote:
anyone help? so disappointed.

On Fri, Jul 10, 2009 at 4:29 PM, lei wang <nutchmaill...@gmail.com> wrote:

Yes, I am also occuring to  this problem. Can anyone help?

On Sun, Jul 5, 2009 at 11:33 PM, xiao yang <yangxiao9...@gmail.com> wrote:

I often get this error message while crawling the intranet
Is it the network problem? What can I do for it?

$bin/nutch crawl urls -dir crawl -depth 3 -topN 4

crawl started in: crawl
rootUrlDir = urls
threads = 10
depth = 3
topN = 4
Injector: starting
Injector: crawlDb: crawl/crawldb
Injector: urlDir: urls
Injector: Converting injected urls to crawl db entries.
Injector: Merging injected urls into crawl db.
Injector: done
Generator: Selecting best-scoring urls due for fetch.
Generator: starting
Generator: segment: crawl/segments/20090705212324
Generator: filtering: true
Generator: topN: 4
Generator: Partitioning selected urls by host, for politeness.
Shuffle Error: Exceeded MAX_FAILED_UNIQUE_FETCHES; bailing-out.
Shuffle Error: Exceeded MAX_FAILED_UNIQUE_FETCHES; bailing-out.
Shuffle Error: Exceeded MAX_FAILED_UNIQUE_FETCHES; bailing-out.
Exception in thread "main" java.io.IOException: Job failed!
   at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobClient.runJob(JobClient.java:1232)
   at org.apache.nutch.crawl.Generator.generate(Generator.java:524)
   at org.apache.nutch.crawl.Generator.generate(Generator.java:409)
   at org.apache.nutch.crawl.Crawl.main(Crawl.java:116)

If you are running a large crawl on a single machine, you could be running out of file descriptors - please check "ulimit -n", the value should be much much larger than 1024.

Also, please check the hadoop.log for clues why shuffle fetching failed - this could be something trivial as a blocked port, or routing problem, or DNS resolution problem, or the problem I mentioned above.

--
Best regards,
Andrzej Bialecki     <><