On Tue, Nov 11, 2014 at 12:33 PM, Larry Kreeger (kreeger)
<kree...@cisco.com> wrote:
> Hi Weiguo,
>
> What do you envision this marking looking like?  e.g. is it just a single
> flag bit, or large field with a counter or sequence number, or some kind of
> flow ID?  If not a single flag, how large do you see the field being?
>
> If it is more than a flag (and I assume it would be), and is not mandatory
> for all implementations, then it seems to fall into the category of optional
> extensions.

I assume this is a request for in-band measurement as opposed to some
out of band summary mechanism which seems to be more typical of OAM.
If we are adding loss counters/delay metrics to every data packet,
this is starting to look like the sort of data we meed for congestion
control and in fact might be a subset of that.

Tom