On Tue, Jun 23, 2015 at 9:24 PM, Liyizhou <liyiz...@huawei.com> wrote:
> Probably it requires at least the edge nodes to be all upgraded to prevent
> the leaking to the user. Either the deployment should guarantee that or some
> mechanism like capability exchange would be used.
>
> IMHO prohibiting any usage of reserved bits is frustrating and goes against
> the original intention to even having "reserved bits".

Indeed it is frustrating. This is precisely why in GUE we require a
receiver do drop any packet with unknown flag bits set-- this avoids
the forward compatibility problem from the get-go.

In any case, this problem should at least be mentioned in the draft
and what steps need to be taken to avoid issues in practice.

Tom