First, I would like to thank the authors, David, Jon, Larry, Marc, and
Thomas, for their work on this draft and pushing it to completion.

As is customary, I have done my AD review of draft-ietf-nvo3-arch-06 before
progressing it.  I do apologize for the delay in my review; I had a lot of
documents show up quite quickly this winter and spring.

My primary concern is around the operational and management
considerations.  My detailed review is below.   I will optimistically send
this document to IETF Last Call - but the authors do need to update this
section and respond to my other concerns.  If they are timely, then this
can make it onto the IESG telechat on August 18.

Major:

   i) I note that draft-ashwood-nvo3-operational-requirement-03 expired
about 3 years ago.  Section 12 basically says that OAM is important and
punts to this draft.  I believe that you will need more details.

Minor:

   1) Please add C-VID to the terminology.  It is used without context in
3.1.1.

    2)In Sec 4.1:  "While there may be APIs between the NVE and hypervisor
to support necessary interaction, the details of such an API are not
in-scope for the IETF to work on."
Could this be softened to "not specifically in-scope for the NVO3 WG to
work on"?  If there were agreement that the NVE and hypervisors need
interoperability, I could see APIs being in scope.

  3) It looks like work on draft-ietf-nvo3-dataplane-requirements-03 has
been abandoned (which is fine).  Please remove the reference.

Nits:

a) In Sec 3.4, it says "in use today".  Replace with "in use in 2016" or
the like - since the RFC will live for a long time and not be updated with
"today" systems.

Regards & Thanks,
Alia