Suresh Krishnan has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-nvo3-arch-07: Discuss

introductory paragraph, however.)

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-nvo3-arch/

DISCUSS:

* Section 3.1.2 : I am trying to understand why a minimum TTL decrement
is expected here. I think the mandated behavior is incorrect and needs to
be fixed.

   For L3 service, Tenant Systems should expect the IPv4 TTL (Time to
   Live) or IPv6 Hop Limit in the packets they send to be decremented by
   at least 1.

e.g. Consider two IPv6 end systems that are connected using an L3
service. If one of them is the router and another is a host on the same
network a significant part of the Neighbor Discovery functions will stop
working if the hop limit is decremented (from 255 to 254).

COMMENT: