Hi Spencer,

Thanks for the careful read.

> I couldn't parse
>
>    L3 VN to Legacy L2:  This type of gateway forwards packets on between
>          L3 VNs and legacy L2 networks such as VLANs or L2 VPNs.  The
>          MAC address in any frames forwarded between the legacy L2
>                                              ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>          network would be the MAC address of the gateway.
>          ^^^^^^^
>
> I could guess, but something is borked, and I'm not sure what is meant.

Yes, it's definitely borked.  Latter sentence rewritten to:

   The sender's destination MAC address in any frames that the gateway forwards
from a legacy L2 network would be the MAC address of the gateway.

The reverse direction case (gateway MAC is source MAC for frames forwarded to a
legacy L2 network) can be inferred from that statement, so I haven't added text
for that case.  I did make corresponding wording changes to two other bullets
- well, at least the borking was consistent  ;-).

> further down.
>
> I know what "hard" and "soft" errors are in my world, but I'm not sure
> what's meant here.

That distinction is not important in this draft (e.g., it's not used elsewhere
in the draft), so I removed it and combined the two bullets into:

  o  Delivered to correct NVE, but could not deliver packet to TS-X.

> Is
>
>    o  Allow different protocols and architectures to be used to for
>                                                              ^^ ^^^
>       intra- vs. inter-NVA communication.
>
> just a typo, or is there something missing between "to" and "for"?

Yes, it's just a typo I changed: "used to for" -> "used for"

Thanks, --David