Hey NWRUG,

It’s a been a while since I’ve seen most of you, so I hope you’re all doing
well.  I'm actually moving to London over the next few months so I'm hoping
we'll be able to get back to more normal meet-ups before then so we can at
least talk about Ruby (or boats) in-person.

So the reason I'm moving is that I've left On the Beach here in Manchester
after many years, and I'm now CTO at Palace Skateboards.  We're based in
London (Clerkenwell/Farringdon area) and somewhat unsurprisingly, I’m
hiring for both Software Engineers and Senior Software Engineers.  Solid
Ruby experience is a must but this would especially suit people who have an
interest in Elixir, as we're running a couple of Phoenix apps in production
alongside Sinatra and NextJS apps.

We’re a small team today, so you’ll be reporting to me as we grow. You’ll
be joining a wildly creative, super relaxed and absolutely unique
organisation.  If you don’t know Palace, we're an international streetwear
and apparel brand with a worldwide presence and shops in London, New York,
LA and Japan.  Check out the links below to get a feel:

https://www.instagram.com/palaceskateboards/
https://www.palaceskateboards.com/advice/

Having lived and worked in Manchester for the last 21 years, to say there
are great people up here is an understatement, so these roles are remote.
It will mean we'll want you to visit us with some regularity, so you should
be up for that, although travel costs will be firmly on us, I might ask you
to stop by Cloudwater on the way for me.

Software Engineer salary runs up to £55k, Senior up to £65k, salary as
always depending on experience and general awesomeness.  I appreciate there
are some people on this list who are far beyond Senior in their experience,
so although we haven't formalised super-senior roles, don't let that hold
you back - please reach out and let's talk about it.

If you'd like to hear more about the role, or just catch up, find me at
tom.cleme...@palaceskateboards.com

Hope to see you all soon.

Thanks
Tom