So I've been doing a little digging around to figure out what makes the
Junxion different from the Stompbox, if at all.

It doesn't seem to be the software. Check out the scoop from the user
manual (nice screenshots), in particular pages 39 and 40:
http://www.junxion.com/pdf/Junxion%20Box%20JB-110b%20User%20Guide.pdf

<quote>
The following Open Source Software is included with the Junxion Box:
__GPL and LGPL Software.__
The Junxion Box is provided with the following software licensed under
the GPL and LGPL. A copy of the GNU GPL license is available from the
Free Software Foundation (http://www.gnu.org).
* Linux operating system version 2.4.20
* iptables from Harald Welte and others (http://www.netfilter.org)
* BusyBox from Erik Andersen (http://www.busybox.net)
* SPLASH from Willem de Bruijn (http://splash-snap.sourceforge.net)
* PPP from Paul Mackerras
(http://www.samba.org/ftp/unpacked/ppp/README)
* Host AP driver from Jouni Malinen (http://hostap.epitest.fi)
* Card Services for Linux from David Hinds
(http://pcmcia-cs.sourceforge.net)
* WISP-Dist from Vladimir Ivaschenko
(http://www.hazard.maks.net/wisp-dist)

__Other Open Source Software.__ The Junxion Box is provided with the
following software licensed under BSD licenses or other open source
software licenses. The software and license details are available from
the referenced web sites.
* Internet Software Consortium DHCP Server (http://www.isc.org)
* thttpd from Jef Poskanzer (http://www.acme.com)
* OpenSSH from the OpenBSD Project (http://www.openssh.com)
* Net-SNMP from the NET-SNMP Project (http://www.net-snmp.org)
</quote>

Is there any significant difference here?  What added value is the
Junxion providing (besides a nifty box cut-out and a nice paint job).

I love both units--just looking to quantify the differences.

Rob

>skinny on the Junxion Box?
>Somebody pointed out this unit as a solution for offering EVDO to wifi
>users: http://www.junxion.com/product/
>
>As I get it, it's a wireless modem and a wi-fi AP inside one box?
>
>Seems to me this is similar to what was done with MagicBike (plugging
a >wireless AP into a cell phone's Internet account).