I'm happy to see someone else pointing out.

When I first read the article I thought "what the heck are they
announcing?".  It'd be nice to have some sort of measurement for the
level and density of a wireless rollout.  Especially for cities.  I
mean, is it one-AP per block or per zip code?

I also think the price is too high.  Still, then I saw Earthlink's been
charging $21.95 for __dialup__.

At that cost Earthlink has to do something more compelling with its
wi-fi networks than just point to the Internet.   There's gotta be some
sort of compelling reason to hop on Earthlink's wireless network.
Special content or applications.