Courtesy of Jim Osterlund, here are the Google coordinates for the site:
http://tinyurl.com/mzpd3k

-----Original Message-----
From: geneseebirds-l-boun...@geneseo.edu
[mailto:geneseebirds-l-boun...@geneseo.edu] On Behalf Of Willie D'Anna and
Betsy Potter
Sent: Saturday, July 25, 2009 8:46 PM
To: geneseebird...@geneseo.edu; 'Dave F Suggs'
Subject: [GeneseeBirds-L] Shorebirds - Hulbert Rd, Town of Wilson

After noticing shorebirds on the way by this field in the afternoon, I
resolved to come back with a scope in the evening.  I met Dave Wheeler there
and the two of us, later joined by Dave Muller, had 10 species of
shorebirds, with the highlight being an UPLAND SANDPIPER!  Along with
Sanderling (Olcott) and Solitary Sandpiper (Yates, Orleans County) I had
earlier, they gave me 12 species for the day.  The numbers below are
conservative, as it appeared that many of the birds flew off, but there were
still birds there when we continued looking.  So, below is the highest count
we had at one time.

Killdeer - many
Semi Plover 3
Greater Yellowlegs 2
Lesser Yellowlegs 5
Pectoral Sandpiper 4
Stilt Sandpiper 1 breeding plumage
Least Sandpiper 15
Semi Sandpiper 4
Short-billed Dowitcher 8 - all hendersoni in breeding plumage Upland
Sandpiper 1 This bird took off and flew south but so did many other birds,
some of which may have returned.

DIRECTIONS TO THE SITE:
Hulbert Rd is a short road that runs between Rt 18 (Lake Rd) and
Youngstown-Wilson Rd in the Town of Wilson, Niagara County.  With all the
rain recently, there are a number of puddles along Hulbert Rd but it is the
larger puddles that are about 1/4 mile north of Youngstown-Wilson Rd that
had most of the birds (the west side of the road).  Many of the birds were
in the soy beans beyond the wet spots.

Good birding!
Willie
Willie D'Anna