Hello all,

Today JulIe and I started our 3-4 day vacation/excursion/cone crop survey
of the Adirondacks. At Ferd's Bog, which has
never been that productive for me, was a family group of 1 female and 2
young THREE-TOED WOODPECKERS!! It was
awesome and a lifer for Julie. They were about halfway between trailhead
and end of bog trail where the trail drops
down. Also at Ferd's were 2-3 GRAY JAYS and 3-4 BOREAL CHICKADEES (seen
well too).  The chickadee mixed flock
also contained GC Kinglets, BC Chickadees, 1 Magnolia Warbler, 2 Palm
Warblers, 1 Pine Warbler, several Yellow-rumps
and RB Nuthatches.

Also, at Sabbatis Bog near Long Lake were a few more BOREAL CHICKADEES,
several Palm Warblers and others not
identified as they zipping over. Common Ravens were throughout and a
RED-SHOULDERED HAWK was seen a few miles
south of Old Forge.

Despite a uniformly fair to locally good red spruce crop, no crossbills
observed so far. More to come at end of week.

cheers,
Matt