Greetings,

Today I attended a soccer game at the stadium in Corning, NY. I had my
binoculars with me as I thought I might see some hawks migrating through.
During the game I did manage to see at least 5 Red-tailed Hawks. Then as we
left the game and as we crossed the mighty Chemung River in Corning, I
noticed a large bird on the southeast corner of the "Little Joe Tower" the
large white tower in town. From the bridge I could tell it was a raptor of
some sort and I had my suspicions. As we got closer I was able to see the
facial pattern of a Peregrine quiet clearly. We drove closer to check the
bird and to further confirm it. It remained there as we drove off to hike
the Finger Lakes Trail at Connecticut Hill. That is another story! :-)

Kind Regards,

Jeff Holbrook
Corning, NY