I had the pleasure of watching much commotion by American Robin this
morning just outside of Mount Kisco at the Chestnut Ridge Hawkwatch.
Numerous flocks, many ranging in size from fifty to several hundred
birds apiece, passed within a mile of the watch platform from ~9:05 to
~11:20; by noon, literally thousands of birds had graced my view in a
span of time barely exceeding two hours.   The direction that flocks
flew in seemed to change repeatedly and had no pattern I could
discern; flocks seemed as likely to exit S as they were to fly N or E.
 By early afternoon, the commotion had died down, and there was hardly
a robin to be seen or heard over the din of I-684. . .

\\ Arthur

--
Arthur W. Green <awgr...@bedfordaudubon.org>
Chestnut Ridge Hawkwatch, Bedford, NY