An "Eastern Race" Nashville Warbler turned up out of the thickets at Valley
 Stream State Park on Thanksgiving Day at about 2:30 PM. Other than that,
land  birds were pretty slow except for a smattering of WT Sparrows and up to
3 very  vocal Brown Creepers around the mid-section of the Park. Having
Orange-crowned  in mind, as it's exactly 6 years to the day when I pished one
up in the same  area, this is my personal first Nashville in our area for
this late date. I  found nothing in the field that suggested a "Western Race"
Nashville, (including  no tail wagging and a lack of extensive gray on the
back) and after hitting the  books, I easily confirmed that - and eliminated
the other Western Vermivora  Warblers with eye-rings. To look for this bird,
find the Basketball courts  which are visible from the Eastern end of the
Main Parking lot and find the  Nature Trail that cuts in just South of that
area. An active bird as Nashville's  usually are, if it's still around, it
should be found fairly easily. Pishing  could help, or just listen for it's
soft call note.

Bobby Berlingeri
Elmont, N.Y.