I'm surprised no one has responded.  I'll report what I know.

I searched for the gull on Saturday morning.  The wind and cold were brutal.  I
was there from around 8:30 to 12:00.  No luck.

I went at that time because I read last week that the bird seemed to show up
before high tide.  The best results were evidently when the high tide was near
3:00 or 4:00 pm.   If so, tomorrow would not be so good.  I tried it anyway on
Saturday when the high tide was around 8:30 am.  Look here:
http://www.protides.com/newyork/944/

As for snow, I suspect there has been virtually none.  Parking is quite easy
here.  One can make a loop, east on Belt Parkway, take exit 5 right after the
parking area.  Turn right and swing around - plenty of easy parking here near
Kohls. There is a Wendy's here too (opens at 10:00 am).  Go up Bay Pkwy, turn
left at Cropsey.  Up Cropsey to Bay 8, where you enter the Belt Parkway at exit
4.  There are gas stations on Cropsey.

Variation: on Cropsey, turn left on one of the many cross streets and go down
to the frontage road near the Belt Parkway (called Shore Pkway North on
Google).  It is very easy to park here and cross the footbridge near Bay 14.

I may try again on Thursday, if anyone is interested in meeting.

Bob Lewis
Sleepy Hollow NY