Yesterday (Sunday, 2/7) just after 1:00 PM a Black Vulture coasted northwest
over Prospect Park lake flying extremely high, and almost exclusively soaring.
I know Turkey Vultures start migrating in February, but it is still pretty
early in the month, and Black Vultures aren't yet common in the area (they're
still downright rare in Brooklyn, even in peak migration) so it came as quite a
surprise to me. It certainly looked like it was exhibiting migratory behavior.

There were also ~1600 Ring-billed Gulls (counted and examined closely),
including wing-tags A318 (a repeat) and A288 (a new one for me).

Good Birding
-Doug Gochfeld. Brooklyn, NY.