I missed it Wednesday afternoon  and kept scoping the large flock of Scaup on
Thursday. About mid-morning I was surprised to see a Snow Goose within the
loose flock of Scaup, especially after I must have scoped it over 100 times.
Then I noticed a small flock of Scaup to the left (I was to the left/north of
the park on the first pulloff on NY9). I was suspicious of the one bird but it
always faced me. Then all the Scaup dove and the Tufted Duck turned right and
that was it. The Tufted kept joining up with the Scaup but NEVER DOVE. I made a
call to Bill Kreuger who gave me the tips that the Tufted was seen from just
over the bridge (good pulloversx2) and from NY9 and to be patient because
sometimes it takes a long time to find. And it did take a long time. And when I
tried to find the Tufted again, it was not to be found. So I decided to pack it
up for Buffalo. A very nice day/trip.

Jerry Lazarczyk
Grand Island NY