When it happened, I threw the dice, jumped in the car, and headed down to
Shinnicock Inlet... for who knows what! My usual route of the Quogue Bridge to
Dune Rd., and then east to Hampton Bays was out of the question today, unless
you had one of those "Duck" vehicles, which Dennis Puleston helped  design,for
our troops in the Pacific during WW2. I knew I probably wouldn't be seeing
much, when I reached the zenith of the Ponquogue Bridge, and due to the heavy
fog, could barely make out the barrier beach!

Once at the inlet, I tried walking out the w/jetty, but turned back half way
out, because of the big spray generated by the high tide, high winds, and rough
seas...and this was from the inside of the inlet! As I headed back to the car,
I did find a 1st cycle Kumliens (Iceland) Gull, among the many Herring, and the
few Great Black-backed Gulls, swirling about.

Again, as I headed back, this time to home, I had a flyover T.V., quite near
that magical intersection of Rt.24 & Rt.105, in Flanders. Cheers, Bob