I went for a nice three hour hike this morning after being very anxious to get
out once the rainstorm passed.  I enjoyed a peaceful birding day at Makamah
Nature Preserve with the highlights below.

Red-tailed Hawk- 1
Great-horned Owl- 1
Belted Kingfisher- 1
Yellow-bellied Sapsucker- 2
Eastern Phoebe- 3
Golden-crowned Kinglet- 6
Hermit Thrush- 1
Brown Thrasher- 1
Yellow-rumped warler- 22
Eastern Towhee- 3
Rusty Blackbird- 4

Before the rain came, I went birding there on March 28 and had a Turkey Vulture
flyover on Farmer's Road(within the preserve), Sharp-shinned Hawk, Brown
Creeper, more Eastern Phoebes, and a Gray Catbird.

Vinny Pellegrino
www.flickr.com/pellegrinov
East Northport, NY

"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams.  Live the life you've
imagined."
-Henry David Thoreau