The Upland Sandpiper continued at Robert Moses SP, Suffolk Co., LI through the
day today and was seen by many observers. Apparently it was difficult to find
at times, but it was still there at 18:35 when I swung through on my way home.
I looked at the ocean briefly just before this and was pleased to see a Harbor
Porpoise, two Red-necked Grebes flying westward, and several motley skeins of
piebald, molting Oldsquaws, also flying westward. In contrast, the scoters,
loons, and Gannets (whose recent morning movements have been overwhelmingly
eastward) were mostly sitting on the water. Of interest was a feeding flock of
ca. 60 Bonaparte's Gulls far out, near the limits of visibility.

This morning, on my way into work, I noted two new arrivals at Jones Beach West
End: a Least Sandpiper and five Forster's Terns.

Relative to Hugh's report from East Hampton, I recall that Andrew Baksh found
two Blue-winged Teal at Cow Meadow, Nassau County, on 1 April.

Shai Mitra
Bay Shore

Think green before you print this email.