Following a night of heavy rain, which continued through mid-morning, we had
another great day of birding in the county.  Many birders were out today, some
of which were working on "Big Days" or "weekends".  The combined list of birds
reported to me managed to just eek out 100!  Highlights included  three
White-winged Scoters on the Neversink Reservoir, Twenty species of warbler
(including 2 Cerulean, 3 Hooded, 4 Canada, 1 Gold-winged, 3 Wilson's and 1
Nashville, among the abundant Redstarts, Magnolias, Yellows, Yellowthroats
etc.) At least for our group, FOS White-crowned Sparrow. Lance Verderame had
the FOS Common Nighthawks during an early lull in the rain. Yellow-billed
Cuckoo continued to be seen in many spots, including a mating pair at the
Nature Trail.  Bobolink were seen in several areas.  Nice morning of birding.
John Haas