Doodletown and Mine Road., 27 May

Joe Giunta, Sam Jannazzo, Pat Jones, Joe Viglietta and I (Sy Schiff) traveled
primarily to find breeding birds not found on Long Island. We successfully
found all our target species and then some.

The 13 warblers included Blue-winged, Cerulean, Worm-eating, Louisiana
Waterthrush and Hooded Warblers. Our tally included another 40 odd breeders
demonstrating both the diversity and the richness of the habitat. Several
Yellow-throated Vireos were present, while Cerulean and Hooded Warblers were
represented by more than a half dozen individuals each.

Blue-winged, Golden-winged and a Brewster's Warbler were found at Mine Road.

Of interest, to me, was that Black Vultures out numbered Turkey Vultures by a
large margin.

Sy