OK, given the numbers being thrown around, here's a standing offer: For me to do "two 3 minute point counts at 20 points" I charge a standing $10K, and I won't even charge for mileage, or lodging, or meals. (will take those as a tax break, however.) And I'll write a report.

My qualifications: I have a Ph.D. in Ecology and Evolutionary, have been a birder for 40 years, have written a similar report for the Town of East Hampton.

Keep me posted. ;)

Hugh McGuinness
The Ross School
18 Goodfriend Drive