To add to Dave Klauber's post (thanks, Dave), it was Sharon and Marc Brody
who had just spotted the Yellow-throated Warbler as I was arriving on the
scene this evening. I kept track of it for about 40 minutes until Shai Mitra
arrived; he got to see it as well. The bird was well east of the picnic
tables (which are in the closed lot to the west as you come over the
bridge), but still favoring that north edge of the lot(s), moving with a few
other warblers slowly eastward; it foraged among the trees and low veg just
inside the split rail fence (in fact, often along the fence itself) that is
just north of the flagpole in the traffic circle straight in off the bridge.
We left it in the cedars hugging the west side of the main building that is
in the open Lot # 1 (around 6PM).

The Western Kingbird was in the northwest corner of the closed parking lot,
west of the picnic tables.

Patricia Lindsay

Bay Shore, NY