Date: 10/3/2010
Location: Fort Tilden, Queens County

This afternoon, while looking for the previously reported Summer Tanager in the
brushy area between the ballfield and the road, I had a very brief look at a
Connecticut Warbler feeding on the ground. It quickly vanished, unfortunately,
while I was trying to get Alison on it. We could not relocate it despite
careful searching for the next hour. It appeared to be an adult as the hood was
gray rather than brown. I managed to spot the Summer Tanager as well later on.

Karlo Mirth
Forest Hills, NY